Friday, July 16, 2010

Frying Friday....

Hard to muster much creativity when the heat saps the juices…so just a few short random pithy notes:

In today’s Enterprise, my favorite restaurant writer/advertiser talks about a Thai place in Waldorf. In the lead in he says something like: “For those who follow the Waldorf restaurant scene….” No comment. And, for that matter, where exactly is Waldorf? Seems like just a series of strip malls…

Did you know/notice there was an earthquake in DC this morning? I’m sure there are a lot of clever political one liners for that!

Tonight is the third to last River Concert at St. Mary’s College, and tonight’s program features “The Young and the Gifted II”. Might be something different. At this point, due to the weather predictions, attendance of MFO and the Feeder is very doubtful. But, there you are..if you want to go.

And this is really reaching, but some readers will recall that I have recently become enamored of Dirty Martinis (Gray Goose when I can afford it – boy that is expensive for a colorless “tasteless” liquid). Of course the “dirty” part means you add some of the brine the olives come in. Do you know how little actual “juice” is in one of those jars? It’s amazing…about two or three martinis depletes the juice and you’re left with a jar of drying out olives. Looks like there is a lot, but there really isn’t. But, I recently discovered you can buy just the brine, so I’ll have to look into that. Anybody want any desiccated olives?

And, I’ve done it again. The main reason I stepped up to a smart phone (Droid, just before they came out with new models, but that’s another story) was that I kept missing appointments or meetings because I was relying on my increasingly faulty memory, and having a hand held schedule ready seemed like a good thing. By and large it has worked but it takes discipline to put the data into the thing. Well, the other day I opened up my little folder I carry around to meetings and on a paper was written: Monday, June 19th, 10:30. I have no idea what that is for. So, if you’re expecting to see me next Monday you have to remind me. You can’t win…

It’s almost too hot to consider

DFD

No comments: