Sunday, December 31, 2017

Looking Back...



Well, here we are at the end of 2017.  It is common at this time of year to see articles on “The year in review”, or “The (gulp) Best of 2017” on and on.  It’s been a while since I’ve been able to post for some good and not so good reasons.  Got me to thinking about the Feeder’s year so I’ll cave in and join my journalistic brethren with a few highlights from the year gone by.  Conscientious readers might find their memories tickled a bit…

Spring Journey

We made an inland waterway trip from Charleston (Foodie Mecca) to Jacksonville:
seeing things like lovely historic Southern homes:


 And who has had an oyster scald at Hog Hammock, Sapelo Island, Georgia?


Or “gone Shrimpin’”?



Summer Journey

An extended MOMSTER road trip to the Midwest to see FOJTE in STL (see "best" below) and FOJTY in Kansas City (BBQ mecca)

(featured in latest Southern Living magazine)


Then to Holland, MI, to deliver MFO’s organized Morris “Mose” Moody’s WWI archive to Holland, Michigan




And then some from the Craig side (My mom’s) to Michigan State University in East Lansing (my home town!)


Which included a lovely dinner at the MSU Hospitality facility of Kellogg Center





Fall Fun
A lovely Thanksgiving dinner hosted and attended by good friends


where's mine?

Somewhere in here the “not so good” part kicks in.  will keep it short (as was my breathing) which eventually resulted in a week’s accommodations in John’s Hopkins palatial guest rooms

Where I got to get scanned, imaged, injected, measured, poked and prodded, but a diagnosis of Idiopathic Pulmonary Hypertension has been levied, and medications have greatly relieved my symptoms.  I also am now in 24/7 Oxygen, but that is livable and I’m learning to adjust (one of many to come).

But I was “sprung” in time to get back to the digs and was able (with the help of friends) 




to enjoy our Christmas tree and displays once again







FOJTE was able to break free and came and visited for a few days, wonderful to see them….  
and so sad to see them go


TY was obligated by his police officer schedule to stay in KC, but we talked by phone several times.  So it was the first Christmas at “home” for the Feeders in all the time we’ve been in Maryland.  Who knows what the sand in the top of the hourglass holds.

Okay enough of that… I hope you all had a wonderful holiday period with friends, families, and good memories of those who were here in years past.

And, I’ll use the word I generally despise and criticize, but it applies in this case.
The BEST meal (with a nod to KC BBQ) I had in 2017 was at


Everything fit, was in harmony beautiful setting, exemplary service


And exquisite food


Another case where two dimensional image doesn’t do the original justice..

And now that the holidays are behind us (save tonight and tomorrow), soon you will see a piece on one of my favorite whipping boys: “Chains”.

So if you’re going out tonight, act sensibly and make sure you are

DFD’d



 



No comments: