Monday, December 10, 2018

Quick tour of Turkey



No, not the country....

Even though it is almost closer to Christmas than Thanksgiving some inner demon compels me to wrap up our Turkey day before starting on the Jingle Bell day (am I this way because I’m an engineer? or am I an engineer because I’m this way?).  Anyway I’ve made a pact with that inner demon that I won’t leave the computer before I publish this blog that has been tormenting me for weeks.

I was going to do an in-depth introspective of the day, but you know those TV commercials you see where you get a whirlwind barrage of images, usually with some upbeat high-energy music?   Well, I’m going to quiet the demon by just publishing a rapid fire series of pictures of our Thanksgiving without the usual inane Feeder Patter to go with, so without further delay, here is our 2018 Thanksgiving season from beginning to end (without the music):




 And there you have it, from box to table, to scraps, to stew, and back in freezer!  The life of this year's smoked turkey experiment..
Begone Demon!!

Other hangovers:
Those of you with good memories may remember I published this picture from some food magazine:

And asked the readership "What's wrong with this picture?"

well of the hundreds of responses I got back, neither one came up with my answer (which, of course is correct).   My solution is that no respectable wine drinker EVER holds the glass by the bowl!  puts finger prints on the crystal, warms the wine, and just is not good practice.  It is not out of affectation that people hold (proper) wine glasses by the stem, there is a reason.  Which is also a reason not to own any of those stupid "stemless" wine glasses.  Do it correctly! 

Subaru
Apparently there is no truth to the rumor that Subaru will change the company name to "Love", and give a car to anybody that requests it..

and lastly, if you will allow the Feeder to be serious for a moment, I came fairly close to suspending the Bottom Feeder, which is why there was a dark period for a while.  Then, as happened before, I ran into somebody somewhere that said "I really enjoy reading your blog.".  Thank you. It does mean a lot to me.   So, I will continue to remind you (for another ~15 years) to

DFD and
get those damned Mason Jars into a canning factory, not a restaurant



No comments: