Saturday, January 25, 2020

Backing the Blog



“Back”  is the operative word..

Been a weird week here on Desperanza Circle; Monday night I was awakened by a sharp pain down in my right leg.  My friendly Advil seemed to calm it down.  Fast forward to the next night.  I couldn’t stand or sit without searing pain, so after a gruesome night…..MFO dialed up 911 (first time ever!).  fairly quickly, the LPVRS folks arrived, and they made me walk down the (7) stairs and out the front door (2 more steps) to the gurney.  Thought these people were highly trained in helping people.  Not at all pleasant.   Anyway, the large vehicle with flashing lights (no siren for you!) got to MedStar and I was installed in a bed.   Lots of “does this hurt?”, poking and prodding followed, along with a CT scan, x-rays, blood work, the whole gamut.  Good news was there were no clots, blockages, stones, swellings, knots, etc., so for lack of a better choice, (thank goodness) they latched on to Sciatica.  Sounded reasonable.  So finally after most of the day we left with a fist full of paper, reference material, prescriptions, exercises, with advice to follow up with our “primary care physician”.   Basically, “good luck pal”.

Never had anything like this before, but I have to admit with the 600mg of Ibuprofen cranking away, I’m doing better.  So much fun.  So efforts on the Blog have been “backed up”

Quick Ninja Review

I was going to post a few pictures with this, but just quickly I have used the Ninja on pork chops, oysters, hamburgers, and it is definitely a learning experience.  Hard to get a nice sear on the chops, oysters just kind of got dried out, burgers needed to be thicker (were well, well, done using instructions).  Was fairly enthused, figuring I could iron out those “kinks” with experience.  So feeling kind of frisky, I thawed a WAG T-Bone as a hopeful test.  The instructions called to use Grill” and set the temp to high (not max).  let it come up to temp and put the steaks on the “grill”.   Well, the first thing that was apparent is that the thing is NOT smokeless, as smoke roiled from the unit (mercifully did not set off the alarms) and MFO opened the door to the garage.  The steak never did brown and although nicely pink in the middle, was a tepid gray on the outside.  In retrospect I find I didn’t coat them with oil as called for in the recipe.  Maybe next time that will help.  So the journey continues!

Random Gallery

Wolf Moon over the Solomons

 



Thar’s gold in them there feeders


I hate these wet days, can’t do a thing with my hair!


Bird of another feather


So I find a way to sit comfortably, and probably won’t
DFD
There’s a place in Seattle that serves wine in Jelly Jars…  Humph

Quote of the day:
The angels in Paradise eat nothing but vermicelli al pomidoro
- Duke of Bovino



No comments: