Monday, May 4, 2020

Sigh.....



A day in the life.. what day IS it anyway?  Tuesday? Friday?

Quarantine is Painful
It Brings on Many Changes
And I Can’t Leave it if I Please


Hi! Remember me? Or have I faded from memory like a bad meal?

Every morning, after I go through the ordeal of getting dressed (including struggling with the compression socks), I make a little checklist of things I should do




For the last several weeks, my “Blog” box has remained unchecked, as it always seems to fall into the “right after” situation: “well, I’ll do that right after I do such and so”, and then I manage to futz around with the such and so's such that the right after’s are too late in the day.  One the things I have been doing is messing around in the kitchen some, learning how to use my Ninja Foodi Smokeless Grill, trying this and that with many “lessons learned”.  Turns out besides skinning a cat, there are many ways to use the Ninji to cook say, chicken breasts.  There are five “settings”; Grill, Bake, Air Crisp, Roast, and Dehydrate, each with suggested (but adjustable) temperatures and times.  Of course everybody has their favorite technique: Grill on high for 6 minutes, then flip and season it; low and slow on Bake; use Roast turning every five minutes, etc..  

But I digress. With all this experimentation, I have built up quite a backlog of topics and a few photos, each one probably not worthy of a singular purpose posting, but as they say, you eat an elephant one bite at a time.  So currently the table of contents would read:

Boiled Shrimp – ptooie
Calvet sparkling wine
Duck Donuts (yes, you read that correctly)
Let’s make a pizza!
Heavy Cocktails instead (or in lieu of..)
Pork Chop/Meater disaster
Murray’s Cheese Adventures
Double R Ranch steak and Meater recovery

So I guess I’ll launch in to Chapter One, etc., and take two or three nibbles from the list.  Knowing my penchant for literary diarrhea, I’ll try to keep them digestible. 

Stay tuned and be safe out there…
I remain under house arrest..


No comments: