Monday, August 31, 2020

Time Marches On


Are you reelin' in the years
Stowin' away the time
Are you gatherin' up the tears
Have you had enough of mine
Steely Dan





57 years ago TODAY these two began a 57-year journey along a road filled with bumps and potholes, yet here we are. MFO’s father and our friend and minister G. Robinson Lapp fired the starting gun.

These people 


joined our caravan along the way, MFO’s sister on the right, and FOJ’s with their lovely wives nearby (reacting to a “look Goofy!” request on our 50th anniversary celebration in the OBX).

The long and winding road that lead me to this door was
filled with friends, family, and people who care a lot about us.  We were blessed by Chefs who made things I can only wish for.   Some had achieved Three Star Michelin status, people with more talent and love of food that I can imagine.  Thank God they’re in our sphere once in a while.

Would we follow the same path again?  Who knows? as we near the Stop Sign at the end of the journey, I wouldn’t trade it.

Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me
Other times I can barely see
Lately it occurs to me
What a long strange trip it's been
Grateful Dead





Bon Appetit, my friends.   
thank you for all the well wishes

No comments: