Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lite Wednesday Chuckle and nits and nats...

MFO is still ensconsed in Wisconin, so not much going on on the home front..

A friend emailed me yesterday relating a nice lunch she had at a Mexican place in Frederick called La Paz. She reported great food. Anyway, she mentioned that she had lunch with "facebook friends". I couldn't help but wonder if that meant you all stayed home and just did it over Facebook.. what an age.. (ps in case you didn't notice, that was supposed to be the chuckle).

and while we're just rambling here, another unique traffic move observed yesterday (Locals only). Going north on 235 just past Exploration in the right hand traffic lane. A car obviously in a hurry dives in ahead of me causing a little pressure on the brakes, only to find he/she is coming up on a van fairly quickly. No matter, dart back into the middle traffic lane, pass the van, then cut hard in front of the van into right hand merge/turn/extra lane, braking hard to make sure got into entrance to WaWa.

Oh, speaking of WaWa, that "demand" light just south of San Souci is a nightmare.

Which reminds me, I still haven't been to Kohls. wonder why.


Not much to relate on the food scene, although I did grill a good steak last night. it came from Nicks. I am thinking I pretty much like their meats. Too bad it's a hike.

Sigh Department:

Just received three food mags, and all three had the word "best" on the cover. Unfortunately two of them were my personal favs Garden and Gun, and Saveur. What's this obsession with "best"? Guess things like "pretty good" or "nice" doesn't have the news stand appeal. sigh....

but of course we always say:

DFD

No comments: