Saturday, May 14, 2011

Gagged By Google

Ain't technology wonderful department..

To paraphrase an old conundrum, computers are like women, you can’t live with them and you can’t live without them. Yesterday, I sat down to take a look at what was going on in the county and distill into my usual insightful, clever and informative Friday morning blog. As usual I had to call up my own blog to sign in, and was surprised to see that the post that was displayed was over a week old. Heart rate increasing, I clicked the “sign in” button and was greeted with “Blogger is not available right now, sorry for any convenience”. Thump thumb thump, I quickly called my Blog Support go to guy and was told that it was all over twitterdom that Blogger was having issues. Pulse slowly returned to normal, and occasional checks revealed nothing had changed until late afternoon. By then I was whipped and decided to defer till today with reduced content.

So just a few minutes ago, I got to the sign in screen, filled in the requisite security stuff and a screen popped up that informed me there was a problem with my settings. What followed then was a frustrating half hour of wending my way through clearing cookies, browsing history, trusted sites, on and on. A couple of restarts later, I was finally able to access my account. I don’t know why these things happen

So the “to do” list is somewhat shorter now, but would include the Plein Aire deal and “Taste of Solomons” across the river, now in progress. The benefit of the festivities will be to support the annual 4th of July fireworks, which usually figures large in the social calendar of the Flutters and guests at the digs.

There will be a little reception at Carmen’s at 7:30, and we are planning on attending that.

The season finale COSMIC concert is this weekend with an edition tonight (7pm at Great Mills High School) and tomorrow (4pm Crossroads Christian Church in St. Leonard), presenting the Barber of Seville with help from the Light Opera Company of Southern Maryland. Opera, either light or heavy, is not the feeder’s favorite musical form, so we’ll give it a pass. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Foodie Content:

At this point, I was going to relate yesterday’s luncheon experience at Cahil’s, the latest occupant of our Antiques Center in Leonardtown, but I’m so worked up over all this computer stuff I will delay that a day.

Argggghhhh..

Oh I notice that the date of Friday yesterday was 13. Hmmmmm

and in light of all above, i just might relieve you of your commitment to

DFD

No comments: