Sunday, September 11, 2011

Plugging along

Well, by the time you, dear reader, lay eyes on this it should be transparent what sort of process created it. It will hopefully be invisible to you that I have been sitting screaming at an inanimate screen that doesn’t care what little icon I click, or that I have spent twenty minutes doing what I normally do in three. I apologize for the little upheaval here, and experience has taught me that eventually I will (with no choice) adapt and live goes on. Until they want to improve things again..

One reader was kind enough to pass on the following quote which sort of characterizes my feelings…

Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.


I think the good folks at google should pay attention..


Anyway, in the real world, it’s been kind of busy. Yesterday (Saturday) I went and looked at the folks ready to plant oysters in St. Mary’s river.. Lots of Volunteers, 



no oysters at the time.  The vehicles delivering the bivalves experienced mechanical troubles and were beside the road somewhere on Indian Bridge Road.  Since I had “chapel duty” at historic St. Mary’s City, I had to leave before the oysters arrived, but I’m sure the intrepid St. Mary’s River Watershed folk got the job done.

As far as the chapel went, it was Woodland Indian Discovery Day at the City, which brought out lots of folks and kids to learn about the native Americans who were here when the colonists arrived. I had about sixty five folk visit the chapel and it is always fun to tell the story. Some are quite knowledgeable (those are the dangerous ones!) and others just want to listen.


Leading up to the day we experienced some interesting weather, complete with storms as Lee was “Leeving” the scene.



I’ve always said, that something is always happening on the river. We often see these “lines” in the river,


 and I have been told the are the result of the interaction of tides and water current. Upwelling and downwelling kind of thing. I once learned the name of the phenomenon, but I can’t find it. Begins with “L” as I recall..


Food Hook


Just to keep the food chops active, I had a couple of lunches lately, one at Bollywood in San Souci, and also the Tides. A few chinks here and there, like the luncheon dish arriving with both ordered sides wrong, and slightly scant portions on the Indian buffet. The luncheon situation was corrected graciously. We also had dinner at the Dry Dock, and I’m happy to report things are evening out there. Service has smoothed and the kitchen still delivers pretty tasty food.

So, that’s about all there is today, although we may go up to the Blue Crab’s baseball game. More on that later


And yes, nervous reader, I will conclude with


DFD

No comments: