Saturday, December 21, 2013

Tripping

As you know, tomorrow we are going on our annual trip to Missouri to see the FOJ’s.   Well, our “trip” started a little earlier than planned, last night.  As I was coming down the stairs to leave for dinner (was DFD of course), somehow I thought the second step from the bottom was the first step from the bottom, and the next thing I know I am on the floor.  Usual reaction is “I’m Okay”, and in fact no searing pain was evident and I seemed to be lucid.  As much as I ever am, anyway.  MFO gathered my glasses from half way across the floor, and they popped a lens, and the temples were a bit akimbo, plus she said: “you’re bleeding!” which turned out to be true.  Apparently they kind of smashed into my face, but it was maybe just past superficial, more of a scrape than a cut, and it was only mildly oozing, not running.  I gathered myself, moved some body parts, and everything seemed to be in working order.  So, off we went to the dinner engagement, and I survived the evening quite well.  This morning it took a while to get the leg straightened out, the wrist is weak, places unforeseen are hurting, but suppose that is par for the course..but I still don’t think anything is fractured.
Except my ego of course…  you always feel so stupid when you do something like that.  With other obligations negated by travel I hope to be able to resume more normal Feeder activity.

Everything hurts.

can't DFD

No comments: