Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Blogging Blues, This and That

Blogger Blues:

Hello – remember me? I had (good) intentions of blogging every day, but that turns out to be hard. The weekend book sale pretty much eliminated any feeding opportunities (how many quarter pounders can you eat?), and the two days of sitting on a cold cement floor at the fair grounds sapped a lot of the creative juices. A few odds and ends have popped in my softening brain so a few stream of consciousness things – oh, the book sale was a huge success maybe the bad weather for humans is good for books..

Speaking of Blogs, I am struggling with getting back to folks who send a comment. If you are “anonymous” I don’t know how to respond. Maybe I’ll learn. Mostly I’ll post the comments for all to see. You also can just e-mail me at Bill@billsbottomfeeder.com with your real address. We’re all learning here in cyberschool

Comment one: I’ll try to get bigger font (are you looking at blog or resultant email?
Comment two: yes, volunteers for next year’s sale are needed..

This’s and that’s:

Although this mess with AIG and the bonuses is certainly interesting, if I hear the word “outrage” one more time, I’m going to um, be sick. All of us consumers are supposed be that, all the politicos express that they are that, over and over. Righteous indignation. The over use of that word outrages me! oh………wait…..

I am sometimes amazed that I am not so dumb. Did you read last Sunday’s “Ask Tom” piece in Sietsema’s restaurant review? It recounts how a couple who dined at Bistro Bis (a pretty high end French place – Jeff Buben owner) and were “surprised to find a square of white paper on top of their white tablecloth”. AHA!! Where have you heard that before??!!?? They were somewhat taken aback by it’s appearance and irritated because their sleeves kept picking up the paper. Owner Buben didn’t real have a (IMHO) good answer, said they’d been doing it since day one, and never had a complaint before. Not a cost saving, linens replaced at end of day and with cost of paper, any savings would be “nominal”. I guess we have to expect that if the word Bistro appears, expect the square..

More and more “deals” are appearing for restaurants of all levels. Free breakfasts; buy one, get one; coupon – X% off; half size = half price. Blogs being set up to guide you like “mommy’s wish”. That one is full of ads however.. hmmm.

Lastly – MFO and I are heading out to the other coast tomorrow, to celebrate last November’s 40th birthday of FOJTE by visiting wine country and playing Pebble Beach. Should be lots of feeder opportunities and pictures to post..FORE RIGHT!! FORE LEFT!! - yes, i would like to taste that special reserve...could i have a dry manhatten, on the rocks, with a twist please?

and i certainly will:

DFD

No comments: