Monday, March 30, 2009

Return to........?

Today is the first morning that “being retired” sort of hit me. The book sale, the California trip (more to come on that) is over, and I didn’t have to get up and go to work. No schedules to meet, no phone cons, no work e-mails to consider, just an open day. Things to be done to be sure, but not with the weight of “gotta do” attached (don’t consult MFO here).. So off we go into a new phase..new skills to develop..

One thing I have to work on is perfecting the art of enjoying travel. During our recent visit to California (more to come on that), I found it’s all too easy to be caught up in “what time do we have to be at that winery?”; Where’s the camera?; I can’t find my blue shirt!; did we leave the phone charger at that motel? Where’s the bathrooms?; I don’t feel good – what if I get sick?; and not enjoy the moment. Only after things are safely locked in the memory locker does that little voice say: “Gee! That was fun!”.

And just to show you that although a vacation was in progress, there was hard work to do..Research:






Exercise:




Dietary restrictions;

No comments: