Thursday, July 28, 2011

Not much and Nice....

As the heat and humidity goes up the brain goes down. Not much to report/or comment on lately.

They have replaced some of the (appropriately?) dead trees by Texas Roadhouse and I see the neon has been turned on. After Buffalo Wings and Beer arrive, I think maybe a ferris wheel and midway would be a nice addition.

Oh, since I often carp about the inhumanity of people (especially in their autos) I should pass along a good thing that happened yesterday morning. I decided that given the relatively nice day, I would stop by the car wash on the way back from Starbuck’s and get some layers of crud removed from the flutter mobile. This of course meant that I had to muck out the back seat which accumulates “junk” at an astonishing rate. One of the items I found buried was a measuring tape that somehow had found its way in there for some now long forgotten purpose. So I put it on the trunk lid (a very convenient flat space) and went about throwing away the Starbuck’s cuffies, old newspapers, various receipts, empty water bottles and such. Having gotten the interior “wash ready” I got in the car, and headed for Starbucks. You can probably guess what happened. Anyway I was sitting at the light by 235/4, ready for the U turn and looking at text messages (stopped auto, foot on brake), when I was startled by a knock on my window. There was a nice lady there with the measuring tape in her hand and gave it to me with a smile. Now, from the driveway of the digs to that location is three or four miles at least, with many stoplights and those inhumane drivers doing gosh knows what. I was amazed that the thing survived the journey. I thanked her for her kindness.

As it turned out, she was also headed for coffee, but once inside she declined my offer to buy hers. So see, there are some considerate people out there that save me from my own senility..

met some friends for drinks and apps last night at the Front Porch...good cheese plate.

Oh, in closing and without comment I pass on this photo taken at the local grocery affixed to the top of the bread shelves….




watch your step..and

DFD

No comments: