Tuesday, July 12, 2011

This is Only a Test...

If this were a real posting, it would be filled with insightful, informative, and brilliant writing about food, culture, and life in general.

I was recently cajoled by Microsoft to install their new Internet Explorer 9. I resisted for a long time, but finally after becoming sick and annoyed at seeing reminder after reminder, i said oh, the heck with it, maybe this will shut them up and downloaded it. Well, immediately after that, Blogger (the site that handles this mess) would not accept the normal command to post. You had to do a couple of more steps which i won't go into here. I am not a fan of change. This incompatibility caused no end of angst on my part, to the point where I was obsessing about it. Posting a note on their "help log" was totally ignored along with thousands of others.

So after a bit of consideration I googled "go back to IE 8" and got a step by step procedure to do this. Many of the sites had notes about "I HATE IE9! because.....", so I felt i was in good company. So finally this morning with (mostly psychological) support from my local SOMD Blog Support team I bit the bullet and did it. I hope it was successful. I suppose the reason I'm rambling on is because down deep I'm afraid to try it, but it will have to be done... In a minute...

On a sad note, a friend of ours was involved in a serious accident yesterday not unsurprisingly (to me) at the intersection I complain so much about with the inhabitants of the stop light. She had to be air lifted to DC, where hopefully she will make a full recovery. It will be a long one I think. Reports are that she was making a lawful left turn onto 235 south and a pickup ran the red light and totalled her car. Our thoughts are with her. And please drive carefully out there..

On a happier note, FOJTE jumped on my date math yesterday (alert readers will remember he teaches that subject) with the following comment.. you figure it out..

It is also a pair of successive prime numbers. The next time this will occur is Nov. 13th and then you have to wait until February 3rd of next year.

and with the usual reminder to

DFD i will hesitatingly touch the "publish Post button"

No comments: