Thursday, March 22, 2012

W32 Blaster!!!

After seven years, it is apparently my turn…

So there I was, typing along on my trusty laptop, ranting a little about “guys”, and all of a sudden a little screen popped up saying I had been infected with W32Blaster worm.. and another popped up that started a scan.  What followed was a harrowing 15 minutes of watching file after file being shown as infected with the worm along with some other sinister sounding things like Trojans and Backdoor this and that.  It wouldn’t let me open any programs like Outlook.  So currently the thing is in quarantine to get sanitized, hopefully without “wiping” it.  All my pictures, the software I use to manipulate them, everything.     So am not sure of the immediate future of the Feeder, hang with me a bit.. updates (from this desktop) to follow.

 What I was going on about was that I have occasionally been accused of tilting at windmills, fighting the rising tide, and other insinuations of engaging in futile causes.  My relentless drive to DFD, railing against the canned “Hi I’m…..” speeches from servers, and other restaurant things like having the fork you used for your salad being set aside for you so you can use it again with your entrée.  Lately I have been complaining about the rampant use of the term “you guys” when referring to a party of mixed gender.  You’re being silly!  It is too common!  Yes it is.  But how would you like it if you were at a table with all males, and the server walks up and says; “can I get you gals something to drink?”.  Well, that’s different you say.  Just go ask your wife/girlfriend/other how she feels about being called a guy…


All for now---sigh



DFD

No comments: