Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday

May 8, 2009

A short Friday entrée today, as the muses are preparing for the weekend, and the return of MFO (read clean the digs like a madman).

If I had that rain gage (which I found on the internet, but it costs more to ship it than to buy it) it probably would have been overflowing yesterday. About 5:45 we got a deluge that filled all the driveways and yards with water…zowie. Fortunately, there were no power outages associated with it.

Another nice piece on Slackwater in the Enterprise today, think I’ll go pick up a copy.

Speaking of the Enterprise, I can never resist seeing Mr. Mercer’s latest culinary find. This week it’s Carrabba’s Grill up in Waldorf. The guy is flirting with almost being critical, but somehow just doesn’t seem to be able to pull the trigger. For instance, the lead in says: “a chain, yes, and apparently one with a knockout Italian dish or two”. What’s that mean? Or later, “While I love Italian food, I will admit that I frequently wind up disappointed by restaurant experiences…..” Where? Please help us avoid those! Tell us! But, he proclaims that the founders “understand that the American palate no longer has a spot for anything remotely bland”. Really! American palate understood by Johnny and Damian. Gosh. Then after the rote description of the menu and prices—“(his wife) raved about her salad – nice mental image there, raving about a chain restaurant salad – I was less inspired by the Caesar”. Sooooo, that means you were just short of raving? Like it or not? Say something..

Okay enough of my raving..

Enjoy your weekend and don’t forget it’s Mother’s day this Sunday. Act accordingly

DFD (and Mom)

No comments: