Thursday, June 4, 2009

I don't get it...

Another short entry today..

And I really didn’t want to re-visit this subject, but it was pushed in my face again yesterday on the “evening news”. I just cannot understand this furor over “speed cameras”. The debate rages again whether they are for “safety” or for “raising funds”. It was reported that so far this year (I think in Montgomery County), the monies arising from the cameras have amounted to 15 Million dollars. It was further reported that the monies are required to go to road improvements and safety. Traffic deaths have dropped dramatically. Isn’t that all goodness? I just don’t understand the detractors feeling that somehow they are being cheated if a camera determines they are exceeding the speed limit. Why people feel that breaking laws is all right if you don’t think you’re going to be “caught” just doesn’t make sense..Okay, I feel better..

Sorry, i’ll try to stick to things foodie more..

And yes, I should have said Bollywood has closed “again”.

DFD

No comments: