Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Lite Wednesday...

Just a couple of this’s and that’s for a lite Wednesday:

After a pretty long hiatus, I had a chance to visit (the remaining) Linda’s for breakfast yesterday to attend a quick meeting. The place has changed little since my last visit, although I think they post the specials on little pieces of paper at each booth instead of the venerable white board. Otherwise, the bric a brac on the walls remain as well as the pile of stuff in the middle of the table. The what I suspect are “the regulars” came and went at the counter, each settling onto their assigned stool. The menu is a large laminated affair, making four people at the tables sort of uncomfortable. One side for breakfast the other for lunch and dinner selections. The breakfast offerings under “Linda’s Homestyle Favorites” includes all the classic standards, eggs with this and that (including scrapple!), creamed chipped beef or sausage gravy on toast, even breakfast steaks or pork chops. No weakling, fiber rich, healthy stuff here. Real old time hearty breakfasts. With only one server at the relatively early hour, service was slow, but since we needed to talk it was okay. The early hour also led me to select just an English muffin (soaked with “butter”), buy my companions took an (sic) “omelette”, eggs over easy (with scrapple option), and a breakfast sandwich. All came with “home fries” and looked properly artery closing, but were consumed with enthusiasm. Interesting place, with a society of it’s own.

I believe that Bollywood Masala is no more..

Oh, if you didn’t get a chance to watch the French Open tennis match between Azarenka and Safina, here’s a replay: uh UNH! oooo OO! eeee ee!! UNHHHHH! and some warbling thing that reminded me of the “keening’ you hear from various near east funerals and such. I am not sure how that improves your game. It’s very distracting.

DFD

1 comment:

Dogboy said...

"I believe that Bollywood Masala is no more.."

Shouldn't that read, in fact, "I believe that Bollywood Masala is no more again?