Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Beware....

Although I really don’t have much to relate, I guess one must post on the Ides of March. And speaking of dates, I find that there is some traction for calling yesterday “Pi Day”, I guess because it was 3/14. And just think what happens in 2015 when it will be 3-14-15! And here’s another date thingy for you. Somebody sent me a note that this July there will be 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays, and 5 Sundays. Okay, that’s neat. But then there was also the statement that this only happens every 823 years! (there’s always these kinds of statements somehow). Well, I haven’t given it too much thought, but I believe July will always have 31 days in it, so every time July 1st is a Friday we’ll get the triad. Seems to me that that might happen more often than 823 years. Of course it doesn’t matter anyhow because the Mayans say we won’t make it past next year anyway…

And even more stuff about dates, yesterday (3/14) was the fifth anniversary of the burning of the Lighthouse Restaurant on Solomons Island. Obviously it has not been replaced. Time has dulled the memories, but I remember a few good meals in there. I do remember they had this thing of pouring coffee by gradually lowering the hand with the cup and saucer while raising the hand with the pot, eventually causing a stream of about three feet. Funny what you remember..and then there was the bar that was a boat was a bar was a boat..

This daylight savings time is still killing me…it’s even hard to

DFD

PS, tonight is the so-called first round of the NCAA Basketball Tournament. What a joke. Teams that should be on the golf course are in the dance. You think this is being done for the student athletes, or maybe, just maybe, could it be for more TV revenue… you think? And now ESPN coverage is cut out entirely (except for the women’s side), so I guess (good or bad) no Vitale, no Jay Bilas (whom I really like), no Bobby Knight (ditto). Instead we get Charles Barkley? Excuse me? And oh yeah, until I looked I didn’t know TruTV existed. Sigh…

No comments: