Friday, April 1, 2011

I'm no Fool!!

Well, here it is Friday… there is always a lot to talk about on Fridays..

Like what to do..

Tonight is the First Friday of the month, meaning the Calvert Museum will be offering their Free Friday, Leonardtown will be buzzing with the usual First Friday hoopla (North End Gallery, Quality Street, Fenwick Books, antiques center), and a special event for me will be the spring opening of the Dry Dock on the Solomons. As related in this column, the rumors of closing have proven false. I myself will a least be starting out there. It’s a special place for the Feeder, as I began my stint here at Pax River by going there most every Saturday night (we worked Saturdays in those days) with dinner at the bar in the old upstairs at the original block house location. You could get a good meal there, and it was before the box stores took over. They were a special bunch, cook, bar keep, and servers. Now that was a place a single diner could fit. Maybe more on that subject later.. Sigh, you can’t go home again.

This morning’s enterprise informs us that tomorrow will be “Solomons Island Kite Day” at the foot of the bridge on the Calvert Side. We always appreciate the show from the digs..and for you outdoorsy types there will be a river clean up held at Myrtle point park from 9 to noon.

There’s a very nice article about the Sotterley speaker series for this year on the front page of the “Community Section” of the aforementioned newspaper. I am so glad that I was able to establish that for Boeing during my community relations life at Boeing. Not that I’m proud or anything. They are usually very good. First one is a week Sunday (4/10) at three. Had I anything to say about it however, I would not have scheduled it during the final round of the Master’s….

Surprisingly, that’s about all the cultural stuff I can ferret out, don’t think there are any concerts or lectures this weekend. Perhaps a post Maryland day lull..

Other other’s

On the technology front it appears my issues with the “Blog Mail’ were caused by the fact that my space on their server was full. Bad things happen when computer things get full. Wouldn’t you think that will all the measure, quantify, instant information, and communication technology that a little message could be generated? "Bottom Feeder, your mail box is about to exceed your limits, please address this problem". Nope, just let the damn thing fill up and all of a sudden you’re helpless. Anyway, a fix was made such that it enables me to once again to see your always informative, interesting, and penetrating comments to the blog. I value those.

And although I’ve sort of shied away from doing much commentary on “the Final Four”, this weekend will put a wrap on college basketball for this year. Then, all there will be left is the NHL playoffs, and sometime in August maybe the NBA version. Although I must admit the Frozen Four college hockey is always a great watch. Minnesota Duluth, Michigan, North Dakota, and (gulp) Notre Dame are in the hunt. I must say (pay attention Domer) that Notre Dame has excelled in sport this year with men’s and women’s basketball doing well, as well as a respectable football showing. Anyway, the hockey is next week.

So, pick out something to do and enjoy the weekend. March certainly did NOT go out like a lamb. But here’s a sure sign of spring..



So given the weather you may have to keep out the sweaters for a bit when you

DFD

No comments: