Friday, April 1, 2011

SOMD, how do I love thee....

let me count the ways, I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach.....:....well, maybe that's a bit strong.

Anyway, counting the ways in my life today:

1. I was notified of the opportunity to procure some special goat cheese which I have enjoyed in the past.

2. As part of picking up the goat cheese, I ran into a good palate friend in the parking lot of the local gourmet store (Blue wind) who had purchased some wine. Nice conversation.

3. I went into the store, picked up the goat cheese (Cherry Glen Monacacy Ash and Chipotle (award winning, I’ll let you know, an odd combination)). with more nice conversation...

4. Came home, selected the DFD costume, and drove over to the Dry Dock.

5. Up the stairs to the just reopened place and thank goodness, no flat screens, still just an inviting space overlooking the harbor.

6. Saw a friend at the bar with whom I don’t get to spend enough time, and sat down. Great to catch up over cocktails.

7. Same barkeep as last year, silent but efficient, served a nice Gray Goose dirty martini, up.

8. Enjoyed seeing many friends from work and around the community. All, I might add, appropriately DFD’d.

9. The “new” menu is pretty much the same, salads with toppings (crab, shrimp, etc.), appetizers (mini crab cakes, mussels tonight), entrees including chicken, steaks, salmon, and so forth. The only variation I remembered was no duck. A new offering was a lamb shank. Lamb Shank is an odd choice for a seafood restaurant, eh?


10. Ordered a cup of crab soup along with the lamb shank. The soup was less glutinous than I had remembered which had a nice bright color.

11. The lamb shank with creamy polenta was very good, pleny of well done flavorful meat, and i paired with a glass of a Louis Martini (now resurgent) Cabernet, which belied your preconceived notions of Louis Martini...

12. More mixing with friends.

13. A I was leaving, I “crashed” the kitchen and talked a bit with Ben and Beth, long time inhabitants of the line in a small kitchen space. They’ve got it under control.

14. Thank goodness, another opportunity for pretty nice dining.

15. And I didn’t go over to First Friday in Leonardtown. Many options.

16. Tomorrow awaits. Chapel duty and maybe a chance to help with food events.

17. Why we love and live here.

depending on events, i will be

DFD

No comments: