Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Heat goes on....

Apologies for no Friday edition, but I sort of hit the highlights (with the exception of a couple of Crab Fest related items, one of which is today at the fairgrounds) of “to do” on Thursday’s edition. Friday went by just staying inside, although I did make a nice turkey melt for supper (with that horrible bread – which when toasted firms up a bit).

Yesterday was a bit more interesting because I had “Chapel Duty”, and if you remember it was also “Goat Day” at Historic St. Mary’s City. So, on the way out to the Chapel, I stopped and visited the little critters who were busy doing their jobs of clearing out the undesirable undergrowth.



Although some weren’t quite as enthusiastic about it..



While others sort of gave me the evil eye



And I guess one sort of thought I was funny



But then, I trudged out to the chapel



And it’s welcoming door



As the day wore on, it was apparent that people like goats more than chapels, as I had two visitors while I saw many more gathering to watch the goats. I think I mentioned that there is an industry for these animals.



And by the time I headed home after over three hours of sitting (and the two intrepid souls) I noticed a marked difference in the amount of growth that had been consumed..Great idea.

While at the chapel I had other visitors besides the two legged ones.





A fun day, albeit it got kind of hot in the afternoon.

Sooo….in order to keep the food aspect included (although I guess technically the goats were dining)

We supported Restaurant Week last night by visiting the Front Porch for apps and sips and one of the “local” apps was a very nice crab spring roll, which we urged to be put on the menu permanently, and think there’s a shot..Then after riding out a nasty thunderstorm (why, yes, I believe I will have another), we got our passports out and ventured deep into the Seventh District to dine at Morris Point where local rockfish and perch were on the menu. It’s always an interesting experience at Morris Point. I think long ago I mentioned you feel like you’re in their home, not in a restaurant. Minimal separation between dining and kitchen spaces makes you feel like you just dropped in for dinner.

And we were appropriately

DFD.

No comments: