Monday, June 27, 2011

Road Work Day One



Traveling and Blogging are not concurrent...

Friday we got on our way about 9:00. No matter what we do, how much we plan, alarms set, good intentions, we always start at nine. I don’t understand it, but it happens. Anyway, the MOMSTER pointed west and off we went. MFO decided to modify our normal route (into VA, 95 south to Richmond, I64, I81, I64 again to Charleston, to Illinois to STL) and after going over the Harry Nice Bridge, we branched off through Fredericksburg, and eventually Front Royal where we picked up I81 south until (are you still with us?)and then branced off on US33 which bridged the mountains over to I79. Needless to say on a smaller "non-interstate" road you have to contend with things like:



And



But you also benefit from seeing things closer up



And





And “real” non national chain places such as



And although we were in the “back woods” of West (BG) Virginia, relatively unpopulated and small, there was one constant in a town of any size



always a lot of folk.

Due to the ups and downs and rounds and switching through the mountains we fell short of our intended spot to RON, and instead we got off the road weary and stayed in Mt. Sterling, KY. And also due to the rigors of the road and the hour, dinner consisted of



And I won’t tell you how we were

DFD

day two coming up!

No comments: