Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Snow is Headed this way!... and it was!


Mercifully our sleep was “Beepless” last night and the house has not burned down.  So, good to go..

And while we were in our beepless sleep the silent snow flakes fell and we awoke to see a blanket of white in the back yard (we are never sure if the water side is back or front)

 

In an uncommon fit of pre-planning I had filled the bird feeders in anticipation of the stuff and a few customers were happy that I had, especially the suet and the oiler feeder (“goldie” slightly visible on the bottom of the oiler feeder - where's waldo?)

 

Eventually the snow stopped and the sun appeared, lighting things up and providing some nice shots of the departing clouds

 

And to slightly paraphrase, it also provided pretty images of the “the sun on the breast of the new fallen snow” on the other side of the digs...

 

So while they played bumper cars on the beltway, “MFO in her kerchief and I in my cap” (okay I’ll stop now) kind of luxuriated and took a little nap.. 

Making good use of an “inside” day, she is currently organizing documents and pictures of both of our sets of parents.  Hey, she’s an archivist for heaven’s sake.  Good day to stay inside (we don’t have any animals to let frolic in the snow) and look at the scenery.. I spent some (frustration) time with my program to organize/manipulate pictures...
 
Oh, and just to make me feel good, a friend who had the luck/good sense to take a little vacation in the BVI's sent me this... and they made it little colony of Maryland!!



Hope you had a good day – school was out as I understand it..being retired does have its advantages.   Since we’re in a casual mood I doubt that we will overly

DFD

 

 

 

No comments: