Wednesday, July 24, 2019

easier stuff now


    

Well, a couple of changes around the digs.   I finally acquiesced to MFO’s “suggestion” that I move the big boy laptop from the loft to my living room office.  I had resisted, but the 14 steps necessary to “get up there” were a deterrent from getting there.  And that is where “big boy laptop” with all my images and the software reside that I use to create this wonderful literary piece of literature called the Bottom Feeder. So now that it is on this level with no stair adventure involved hopefully means I’ll be able to victimize you more often!

Pop Quiz:   look at this lovely necklace


Where do you think it came from??  Answer at bottom (no peeking!)

The phases and changes stuff above is part of the reason you haven’t seen much of the Feeder lately, the other is:
The blue squiggly line is temperature, the orange is the associated heat index, and the vertical black line is rainfall (currently about a quarter of an inch), providing some much needed relief to both plants and mankind.

Somehow that weather saps my energy and (what little) creative juices I have and leave me almost catatonic.  

Anyway, now that I am slightly revitalized and relocated, we can see what I’ve been up to:

Food
You may remember I was doing slow cooked chicken thighs.   Well, they haven’t been cooking THAT long, but they did turn out reasonably well. 


The lemon came through a lot.  I’ll have some changes for that mythical “next time”

Going Out
Last night, MFO and I went to the Cow and Fish for a meal “out”, for a restaurant meal to alleviate MFO needing to come with yet another iteration on Chicken, Fish, or salad.  Although some have had varying experiences we have always enjoyed our visits.  Chef Michael turns out interesting dishes and specials are always worth considering.   Being Tuesday night it was almost private dining (good for us, maybe not the house), and we didn’t feel rushed as there were plenty of empty tables (ditto).  After enjoying cocktails



(despite that stemless “up” glass, and the awful Mason Jar) once the server figured out we would like to linger a bit, things went well.  We split an appetizer of Fish Bites


Which could have served for an entrée.
MFO did lamb chops and I had a Hangar steak (helping my beef deficit) served on nicely done sautéed mushrooms (one of the better “Side” choices), and the leftover will serve for lunch. 


A glass (well, two) of Tempranillo paired well.
Throwing caution to the winds we “two forked” a nice lemon cake for dessert


Sylvia is always interesting to talk to…with the dwindling options for chef cooked food, the C&F is a treat.


Art

We have a daily calendar from the Metropolitan Museum in NYC, that has a different item pictured for each day.  Quite interesting what they present.  Like these gorgeous panels of Tiffany leaded glass

Having at one point dabbled in leaded glass I can only wonder at those beautiful works, it ain’t easy folks.

Okay answer to pop quiz:  where is the necklace from??
Baltimore Craft show?  Smithsonian Craft show?  Nope!
Over two thousand years ago!!  Amazing.  You think of humans using burnt wood to draw on walls of caves, and then to see something like this..

Okay, enough rambling..  hope to publish more frequently now.   In the mean time I’ll fight to get Mason Jars removed from tables, and as always,
DFD

and just to close on a subject near and dear to me, a nice picture (to me)



No comments: