Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Dozens...


 
Last night I had this clever idea:  I would write a little post this morning saying that twelve minutes and twelve seconds past midnight it would be  12:12:12  on 12/12/12.  And, it wouldn’t happen until…......... just after lunch!  ha ha.  Well, then guess what.  I was fumbling around on the computer and looking for a document I might have created in 2009. I thought I saw something promising in an old file so clicked on it.  A little box appeared and a green bar started marching across the screen.  I thought it was loading some archived stuff and I could search for my document.   Finally it was completed, and it said I would need to start the machine again to make it take hold.  Fine.  I did.  When it came to life after watching agonizing (what seemed like minutes) black screens, I followed my usual practice of opening the email.   It showed some email stopping in June of 2010 and informed me I had a “send/receive error”.  A little more investigation revealed I had no connection to the internet!  It was rather late at night so help was unavailable and I had to go to bed with visions of “lost everything” dancing in my head.  Needless to say it was a fitful night.

So instead of posting my clever little thing about multiple twelve’s I instead looked over the shoulder of my IT support team.  Bottom line was they fixed the thing that kept me from the internet, and eventually located the correct PST, and I can now see some historical mail.  I am gradually beginning to believe that things that appear gone, may not be.  You just have to know where to look!   Anyway, since there is no 13th month, we’re done with a lineup such as today.

CoCo Cantina Revisited.

MFO and I met some friends for lunch yesterday to discuss some future travel plans, and we decided to give CoCo Cantina another try.   As you might recall, I had a rather pleasant experience there a bit ago for lunch, so since it was convenient to all, we decided to meet there.  To dispense with the food, it was tasty and again seemed freshly prepared, with no evidence of the “glop” associated with a lot of Mexican Style places.  Dishes were a burrito, a chicken sandwich and the luncheon fajitas.  The side Mexican Slaw was fairly tasty.

Anyway if you go there, you might notice down in the corner of the luncheon menu a little note that says something like:  15 minute quick lunch.   Well on our visit they missed that by about 3 times.  Once again there were maybe only 4 tables occupied, certainly not crowded.  Turned out that one of the servers didn’t show so the maitre d’ lady was pretty much on her own.  It was about ten minutes and an over the shoulder tossed "be right with you" before she approached the table, took drinks and another ten or so before they appeared (water and iced teas).  I’d say it was a good half hour before the food came out.  If in fact we were on a 15 minute-ish time line we would have missed it.  Other reports I have heard have mentioned slow service.   For what it’s worth.


Missing Sign

If you have gone by that architectural disaster called LongHorn Steak House, you might notice that there is a banner over the door.  Normally it would say: “Now Hiring” a more and more common site on the box stores.  This one says “Apply On Line”.  Personal touch.  Pretty soon there will be more staff than customers in this county.  Probably not.

A nice ending

Just so I’m not totally negative today, here’s a couple of pictures from Historic St. Mary’s City Madrigal Dinner of last Saturday night.   I only took my little point and shoot, but you get the idea.  Music was supplied by St. Maries Musica,

 

 

 

and decorations by Mistress Brent Garden Club.  All the decorations are naturally occurring plants and stuff.  They were very beautiful this year.

 

0884

 

If you haven’t ever been you should go..  unique stuff, but you STILL have to


DFD

No comments: