Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Warriors and guys...


Another Christmas, another road trip.  I am stealing time from doing useful things just to let you know we’re leaving tomorrow morning (12/19) for STL and family Christmas.  Given the usual randomness of internet access (and time) during travel, I am not sure when we will get together again.  Hopefully one of the H/Motels we’re in will have access.  The time to do it?   Well, that may be another story.  I usually don’t own the schedule much.  So, we’ll see.  I’m sure there will be road stories and pictures at some point..

 Hey, Guys!

I did want to pass along a little update on my continuing battle against the use of the word “guys” referring to mixed (or even all female) groupings, particularly at restaurants.  “Can I get you guys anything?” and so forth.  Well, Sunday we were at a dinner held annually in connection with a local historical association that invites Steny Hoyer, who pretty much attends, as he did this time.  During the initial speeches I almost fell out of my chair when a spokesperson for the organization in mid speech corrected herself after saying how glad she was that “all you guys could come”, to “all of you could come” and called me by name saying we had been working to eliminate guys!  In front of a pretty important audience no less.  God love her!! Well, the euphoria wore off quickly when Congressman Hoyer during his warmup remarks said he didn’t mind “guys”.  Humph.  “Guys” has gone national!! I spoke to him as we were leaving and he saw my point (I’m sure he thinks I’m crazy, which….).  We’ll see if we hear “guys” on the floor of the house.  Just incidentally, politics aside, Steny is a great person.  Takes time to talk to you and shows a genuine interest in what you have to say.  I guess if Washington hasn’t worn him down by now, he won’t.  We’re lucky to have him on St. Mary’s County side!!

Okay back to counting socks and making sure the camera and computer bag are properly stuffed.  MFO is taking care of assuring we will be

DFD
 
On the road again - Just can't wait to get on the road again.

No comments: