Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm growing old

Given that we are now in cyberspace and not on a "borrowed" e-mail system, I think maybe i have a little more liscense than normal.

I just got my new edition of Bon Appetit, and among the starting stuff was a "Songs for A Cocktail Party" column, (shake up your cocktail party with this mix of tunes that pair (sorry) with good company and a crisp cocktail). Okay, fine. There were ten entries. Here is the list of artists (which i had trouble separating from their titles: Feist; Grant Green; Esquivel ; Jorge Ben; Glenn Miller; Phoenix; Classics IV. Who the hell are these people? Okay, I give you Glen Miller. I guess I got some research to do.. I'm growing old.

And now to the "more liscense "department. As loyal readers know, i spend a fair amount of time watching sporting events on TV. Manly things like golf, football, basketball, and things like that. I have griped this before, but what do people do that have adolescent children do when the commericals are a constant stream of what to do if a certain condition exists after four hours? Hey Mom! why are those people in separate tubs touching each other? Dad - do you have trouble starting and stopping? What's weak stream? Gimme a freaking break and why are they singling out males? are we the weak gender? What's next? dare i say it? "feminine" products? are they immune? There must be some standard of decency. I'm growing old...