Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Please DFD

I have had several feedbacks lately, including dining over the Valentines weekend. From fine dining places to the mid chain places, readers are asking why they are forced to dine with people in jeans, tee shirts, and ball caps that never come off., or with "screaming kids". One diner was at the salad buffet behind a person whose jeans were held up by faith. a tee shirt, didn't particularly care about personl hygene, and sported a ball cap set backwards. Why do people do this? Are they are just coming here to stuff their face and food is a fuel, who cares what the hell anybody else thinks? There are "chefs" in the back room at some level hopefully thinking they're making food that is attractive as well as edible.. So why then, do we not honor that effort by dressing appropriately for their efforts? When MFO and i go to a nice place we like to signify that we appreciate good food and the work that is required to make it.

But the problem is that in the end game, money from jeans and hats is the same color as the money from sweater and slacks, ortie and jacket. These days we all have to make a buck, but in the long run I will return to an atmosphere that provides the dining experience that I appreciate which doesn't include people that dont't respect the food. I don't have a solution to offer

Please think where you are going and at least set an example for the ball caps

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Bill,

I've been a loyal reader of the Bottom Feeder in it's "work related" incarnation. I'm very excited that you will be continuing after retirement.

Even though I've been reading below the waves for years, I'm afraid I still haven't figured out most of your acronyms. Ex: DFD, FOJTE, MFO? I understand most of them in context, but can't figure out their exact meaning.

Perhaps I am the only one of your fans who is that slow, but may I request/suggest a cheat sheet post?

I'm glad that I'll still be able to find you "in the blogosphere" even after you're no longer in my inbox.

--Keliah