Friday, April 18, 2014

Power over the People



Well, despite highfaluting slogans from our local development folks like “carefully controlled development” and “doing what’s smart” the line between our community and Waldorf continues to blur, and the process of Waldorfization seems to be in full roar.  And now it isn’t limited to the ground with chain restaurants popping up in front of you like mushrooms after a rain, we can now cast our eyes skyward and see



these things ...  which also seem to have sprouted like surprise lilies.  To turn a phrase: “Now you don’t see them, now you do!”.  Well, Mr. Bottom Feeder, what’s the harm of those (giant ugly) things if they’re out in the country where nobody can really see them?   Wrongo, oh powerful one.. Here is a view of the new skyline over Hickory Hills, (home of Nicoletti’s Pizza)



Or, turning around and looking north by La Quinta Inn
5967


Those poles are just a few hundred yards off Rte. 235, and in fact, it appears that they will cross over to the other side of 235 somewhere in the vicinity of Cracker Barrel (we use box stores for geographical reference now) and head for the river.  And don’t forget those are not Christmas ornaments hanging on them




They are pulleys that will help them install the big heavy wires that will string the poles all together to make them even more obvious (and obnoxious).  And during construction, the pieces and parts litter the ground like bones from a giant prehistoric creature



And somehow it’s fitting that the remains are temporarily resting here.  Waldorf, I tell ya



I try to stay kind of current on local stuff, but I swear to gosh I never remember anything about a hearing or public information meeting.  I can’t believe they just did that.  It’s just awful.  MFO tells me I won’t see them after a while.  I am not sure I agree.  I don’t even know who is benefitting by them.. certainly not anybody who cares about how their community looks. and here's looking at you, kid..



And while I am on a roll here about ugly, our newest chain, Golden Corral which is of course


speaking of lines....

and is moving right along, yes sir!





You might remember when I ranted about them a bit ago, I commented on the brightness of that (opening soon) sign… well, you should drive by the place at night!  That golden strip around the roof lights up!  Brilliant gold..  sigh…..  I’m sure it will provide enough light to see the power poles, or maybe that’s where the power is going
“doing what makes sense!”  ya you bet..  what makes sense is to

DFD





No comments: