Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Porch is In!!

A Feeder exclusive (I think!)

Well, you never know in the restaurant business. Around June, the Front Porch Restaurant will open for business in the spot in Leonardtown formerly occupied by Corbels.. No more Saphron and low country cuisine. Things change. There is a fledgling web site, but it doesn’t have much info yet, such as a menu which I assume will be coming soon. What little buzz I have been able to glean is that it will most likely be a little less formal, but have high quality food at lower price points than the previous establishment. It looks like they will be open for lunch (and dinner) Tuesday through Saturday, at least in the beginning.

Okay, here’s our favorite word: Expectations. What are they? Well, at this point, I really don’t have any due to lack of real information. I do know that the previous establishment tried to be in the “fine dining” category, and so there will be some people who probably will be expecting that end of the scale. Will Front Porch do that? Who knows. The building itself has a rich history, and contained elegant dining spaces (I haven’t been in the new one yet), and one of the best bars around. So the scene is set for a good dining experience. I hope they are able to deliver that. We’ll see. It’s exciting sort of… I wish them success.

Stay tuned…

The Feeder's only advice (even if unwanted) to them would be to do everything in their power to make the clientele

DFD

No comments: